GCSE Media Studies involves the study of a range of Media topics.
60% of the qualification is practical or research based. Students research and produce a range of products across three media platforms. A typical portfolio includes:
- Draft pages for a print or web based magazine.
- Promotional Material for a new media product, including storyboards for a trailer, and sample pages for a website.
- A complete front page and content page for a magazine, or three adverts from a new campaign.
40% of the qualification is pre-release exam material. The topic for 2017 is TV Game Shows.
- Term 1. Media theory and studying texts
- Term 2. Film and print media
- Term 3. Preparing for controlled assessment
- Term 4. Media production
- Term 5. Revision and exam preparation